Balta Group, a publicly listed company at Euronext Brussels, is the largest producer of textile floor coverings in Europe. With a consolidated net turnover of € 646m (2018) its products are exported to more than 130 countries worldwide.
Balta comprises: woven area rugs, wall-to-wall carpets and carpet tiles for residential and commercial use, and needle felt and technical non-wovens. Thanks the daily commitment of nearly 4000 employees, we as a group are able to fulfil our ambitious objectives.
- As a supply chain director you direct and develop all aspects of production planning, transport and customer service for the carpet division.
- You are responsible to ensure that the demand and supply are continually balanced and to ensure that the process is continually improved.
- You establish and sustain processes of regular target setting, performance appraisal, growth and development of the 60 supply chain department employees and through consistent communication to all staff create a motivating environment and maximize the contributions of all.
- You create an environment of continuous improvement by coordinating initiatives and problem solving activities across the supply chain department in order to improve performance of all supply chain indicators.
- You will take the lead role for identifying, analyzing and recommending opportunities to improve business performance in terms of customer service, inventory (working capital budget) levels and efficient use of production facilities.
- You will support the business by identifying the IT tools necessary to achieve the goals and to reach supply chain excellence.
- You will work effectively with other management team members to identify, prioritize and implement changes to ensure the continued growth and profitability of the Division.
- You will liaise with other Supply Chain and Planning Managers within the Balta Group for the purpose of spreading best practice and cooperate closely with the central purchase department
- You will report to the managing director of the carpet division and be part of the business unit management team.
- You have a Master degree (preferably sciences, engineering, mathematics or economics).
- You have minimum 10 years’ experience in supply chain management in a multi-facility manufacturing, and global selling environment.
- You have strong analytical skills and experience in presentation and business cases.
- You have a vision of supply chain excellence and you understand the importance of IT support in the process.
- You are IT minded and have detailed knowledge of SAP.
- You are a people manager with strong leading improvement and decision making skills.
What we offer
- You will be part of a performing team, in a highly challenging and international environment.
- You get the opportunity to make a difference, have an impact on the business and grow together with the Balta Group.
- An environment in which initiative is encouraged and rewarded.
- You will lead and be part of challenging projects.
- You get a very attractive remuneration package.