As operations controller you are reporting to the controlling director of the division and you are working closely together with the commercial controller and 2 cost controllers. You are the point of contact for controlling and business analysis and the sparring partner of 2 plant managers ( Sint Baafs-Vijve and Oudenaarde ) and the supply chain team.
Your office will be in Balta Group head office in Sint Baafs-Vijve .
In general, you are responsible for the follow up of the business performance and you give analytical support to management decisions
In addition, you will work on improving processes in order to reduce the transaction work in controlling, in favor of more analytical and decision supporting work
These general responsibilities translate in following concrete tasks
- Lead, coordinate and prepare annual budget P&L and cash flow
- Project financial result on a monthly base, using trends and business inputs
- Analyze variances between actual results and budget, latest forecast and prior year
- Analyze variances between actual production costs and standard costs, discuss the outcome with operations and make sure actions are taken
- Simulate impact from FIFO inventory valuation to assess materiality of the deviation
- Analyze and project working capital and capital expenditure
- Prepare P&L’s of different business segments
- Prepare monthly financial reporting deck for management
- Support and review payback calculations for capital investment projects
- Follow up capital expenditure budget
- Follow up inventory count procedures
- Ad hoc analyses and simulations to support decision taking
Master degree in Business Administration, Auditing, Finance, Accounting or related field.
>5 years of experience in manufacturing controlling in an industrial environment
Strong business acumen, capable of linking operational KPI’s and financial results
Understand standard costing and variance analysis
Familiar with inventory valuation techniques (FIFO, standard costing)
Agile, able to work in a company in transformation
Interested in details, while keeping a helicopter view
Knowledge of Sap is an strong asset
Mastering Excel & PowerPoint is a must
You are Hands on, no nonsense approach
Strong interpersonal and communicational skills are necessary
You are assertive and capable of thinking in terms of group interest and divisional interest;
You are fluent in English and Dutch, both written and spoken
What do we offer?
An interesting and challenging environment for finance professionals, with a unique perspective on the business “from the inside”, with high levels of exposure to various levels of management
Fast decision making and open communication structures. You will be working in an environment in which initiative is encouraged and rewarded.
Last but not least you will receive an attractive remuneration package : 35 holidays, company car excellent fringe benefits , hybrid working policy .