For the Group’s headquarters, located in Sint-Baafs-Vijve (West-Flanders), we are looking for an Group Internal Audit & Control Manager to strengthen our corporate finance team. You will report directly to the Group CFO, with a further reporting line to the Audit Committee.
Work closely with all levels of financial and operational management within the Group, while taking a leadership role over the process of control improvement.
- Lead the enhancement of the company-wide internal control environment, through further development of internal control awareness and training programs, including eg the set-up of risk & internal control self-assessments and risk register.
- Be an active key driver in the implementation, improvement and optimization of internal processes, policies and procedures
- Develop & execute the internal audit plan & related process based upon risk assessment, in close cooperation with different stakeholders including the external auditors.
- Evaluate compliance with corporate policies & procedures, laws and regulations
- Prepare audit observations and recommendations & discuss with management
- Present audit results & action plans to the different stakeholders, including the Audit Committee.
- Assist management in special assignments & ad-hoc projects
- Contribute to the sharing of best practices across the Group.
- University degree in Business Administration, Auditing, Finance, Accounting or related field.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in internal audit / external audit with a large multinational organization or one of the BIG4.
- Analytical skills & critical approach are a must for this function.
- Hands-on and Can-do mentality.
- Strong interpersonal and communicational skills are necessary to achieve pragmatic solutions
- Ability to understand process flows, challenge the set up and identify weaknesses.
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Fluency in English (oral & written) is essential, other major international languages a plus.
- Good general IT literacy (including MS Office) and affinity with ICT. Knowledge of SAP is an advantage
What we offer?
- An interesting and challenging environment for finance professionals, with a unique perspective on the business “from the inside”, with high levels of exposure to various levels of management
- An environment in which initiative is encouraged
- Attractive working conditions and self-development opportunities
- Fast decision making and open communication structures. The opportunity to make a difference and to grow together with Balta