Balta has been a leader in an international market for more than 30 years. There is a common thread running through all our activities, which is the determination to innovate. Balta supplies products that have a positive impact on the daily lives of its customers. Are you ready to put your experience into practice? To strengthen the production team, we are looking for a maintenance & engineering manager.
- You define the preventative maintenance & engineering strategy of your production department.
- Within this position, you ensure that the Engineering & Maintenance teams (5 direct total of +20 FTEs) manage the different processes (solving technical breakdowns, preventive and curative maintenance, qualification of equipment, etc.) in order to maintain optimal functioning of the machines, equipment, and facilities at all times. The main tasks are related to utilities (lifting trucks, steam, water, WKK, compressed air, energy and electricity).
- You oversee the Engineering & Maintenance organization, identify potential issues and define preventative/ corrective actions.
- You oversee the day-to-day maintenance of equipment and facilities/utilities.
- You define and manage the engineering and maintenance KPIs.
- You strive to reduce downtimes and optimize the inventory for technical parts.
- You drive continuous improvement initiatives and initiate and follow up on CAPEX projects.
- You identify potential cost-saving areas and promote concrete initiatives to get savings.
- You build a strong partnership with the production teams in order to have excellent performing machines and equipment.
- You ensure a safe working environment and in collaboration with Health & Safety.
- Installation examples: tufting machines, latex street, WKK units, steam boilers, compressors
- Engineering examples: WKK projects, steam boilers, installation of tufting machines, modifications tufting machines, automatizations tufting & yarns, water purification)
- You have a university degree in Engineering
- You have 8-10 years of relevant experience in Engineering, preferably in a production environment
- You have excellent people skills and have already managed a team
- You are fluent in Dutch/ English
- You have an analytical mindset and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Having experience with some utilities is mandatory (lifting trucks, steam, water, WKK, compressed air and electricity, infrastructure related to production machinery)
What do we offer?
- You will be part of a performing team, in a highly challenging and international environment.
- You get the opportunity to make a difference, have an impact on the business and grow together with the Balta Group.
- An environment in which initiative is encouraged and rewarded.
- You will lead and be part of challenging projects.
- You get a very attractive remuneration package including a company car.
- We offer a very good work-life balance with 35 +10 holidays and sliding hours and some remote work (hybrid function).