FOR OUR BALTA DIVISION LOCATED IN Zele, WE ARE LOOKING FOR A Product costing analyst
The position performs cost accounting and plant controlling tasks for the divisional and management accounting team, in order to plan and analyze the financial performance of operations. The product costing analyst evaluates activities in operations and ensures that product costs are accurate and aligned. The position tracks the variances to actual costs and assess costings for new products and processes.
- Participating actively in the monthly closing process for the division
- Preparing, validating and consolidating variance analyses, focusing on plant controlling for the division
- Coordinate the annual budget process within operations. Manage the confrontation of top down budget targets with bottom up budget information. Identify risk weighted upsides and downsides that can have an impact on the attainment of the budget targets. Develop harmonized templates and presentations.
- Follow up of key metrics within operations. Develop scorecards and maintain monthly reporting for Operations departments.
- Provide costing data to ensure that production processes are accurately valued
- Take responsibility for estimated costs and the costings of projects to ensure insight into the current and future cost structure.
- Analyze and explain differences between the actual costs and the budgeted costs and provide detailed reports to ensure that management has accurate information for decision making
- Perform performance calculations and analyze variances. Provide reports to ensure that cost-saving procedures can be developed and tracked
- Help management make important decisions based on cost analysis and cost reduction estimates (e.g. through investments, market growth, or pricing changes) and prepare detailed reports, both periodically and ad-hoc
- Have a seat at the table as finance busines partner within the production department
- Initiate and support process improvements (procedures and internal controls.
- Owns Capex Policy and capital appropriation request (capex & opex equipment process approval). Ensure capex and opex is properly accounted/booked (work in cooperation with accounting and the business). Create transparency in the asset register on all assets. Support business cases if needed in the area of Operations.
- Ensure you are well-informed about changes and developments in your area of responsibility
- Ensure efficient communication between management accounting and divisional controlling
- You have a Master degree in Economics/Finance and have at least 5 years’ experience in cost accounting.
- You have an analytical, critical and structured mindset combined with team spirit
- Your knowledge of Excel is advanced and you have experience using SAP as a powerful tool
- You are IT-minded and eager to identify opportunities for further automation
- You are fluent in English and Dutch, both written and spoken
- Come and work in an extremely interesting and challenging environment for finance professionals, with a unique perspective on the business “from the inside”.
- You will be working in an environment in which initiative is encouraged and rewarded.
- You get substantial exposure to senior management.
- As agility is key, you will be able to count on our home office policy
- Last but not least you will receive an attractive remuneration package, 35 days’ vacation, a company car and excellent fringe benefits.